COLAB NZ Presents - Starting Strong in Implant Dentistry: A Beginner's Roadmap | Auckland
When and where
Fable Auckland, MGallery | 58/60 Queen Street, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, NZ
Date and Time
7th March 2024
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
COLAB NZ Presents: Starting Strong in Implant Dentistry: A Beginner’s Roadmap
Join international speaker Dr. Albert Sharp in Auckland or Wellington this March 2024 for our brand new series “Starting Strong in Implant Dentistry: A Beginner’s Roadmap”. This course is designed for dental practitioners and technicians new to implant dentistry or looking to establish foundational knowledge and skills in planning and executing simple implant cases.
Participants will gain confidence utilising the latest technologies for implant case planning, understand the differences between digital and traditional impression techniques in the context of implants and evaluate and choose between screw and cement-retained implant restorations for simple cases.
Date: Thursday 7 March 2024
Location: Fable Auckland, MGallery
Address: 58/60 Queen Street, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, NZ
Time: 6:00pm – 9:00pm (Presentation from 6:30pm)
CPD Points: 1.5 CPD Points
Planning Simple Implant Cases:
– Using the latest technologies
– Outline and understanding the Guided Surgery process for implant placement
– Advantages and limitations of digital impressions for implants
– Traditional impression techniques and their applications in implant dentistry
– Tips and Tricks for Implant Restorations
Restorative Options for simple cases:
– Comparative analysis of screw-retained and cement-retained implant restorations
Deciphering Abutment Terminology and Options:
– Understanding Abutment Terminology
– Explanation of key terms related to implant abutments
– Exploring different types of abutments and their applications in implant cases
Restorative Material options and trends:
– Introduction to common restorative materials for implant prosthetics
– Emerging trends and considerations in implant restorative materials
Dr Albert Sharp
Dr Albert Sharp received his Bachelor of Dental Surgery from the University of Sydney, graduating with First Class honours and top of the year as well and winning the NSW Dental Board scholarship prize for academic performance. He is a partner at Penn Sharp Dental Surgeons in Sydney, Australia, where he continues to practice all aspects of general dentistry.
Albert joined Modern Dental as a clinical and technical advisor in 2003 and is currently the general manager of the technical department – with extensive emphasis on the fields of crown and bridge, implants and TMD/Sleep apnea appliances.